How to Draw a Dragon
Do you want to learn drawing a dragon? Well, you are not the only exception in this case because there are many people like you who are keen to draw such a character. Drawing a dragon will be easy for you if you can take a look at the steps involved in it. However, the most important thing that you should definitely keep in mind is that you should select an easy dragon to draw in the initial stage. Let’s have a look at the different steps that you can follow in order to draw the dragon.
- The very first thing that you will have to do is that you will have to consider the skeletal parts of the dragon. For making the joints, you can make use of small circles. In fact, while drawing the joints, you will have to determine the position of the dragon that you want to depict.
- At the same time, you should also keep in mind that your dragon is balanced; so that it doesn’t look like that it is falling down.
- By means of this, you will be able to build up the structure of your dragon. You can make a circle for the head, which is the primary point in starting the figure. Following this, you can also draw a line to indicate the chest.
- You will draw the spine, and draw a second circle to indicate the pelvis areas. Make the wings like the arm and give long fingers.
- Even if, you do not have a sample anatomy of your dragon, you can have a look at the anatomical structures of other animals, and based on that, you can proceed with your drawing. Consequently, it will be easy for you to follow a particular pattern or structure in drawing.
- One of the major mistakes that you should avoid is that you should not make the hind legs and the front legs bend in the same way.
- Following the skeletons, you will have to make the muscles, and the easiest way of doing so is to make ovals and circles.
- Now it is time to draw the outline. Moreover, you should also draw details to the character with the horns, claws and lines. You can also add on your creativity here.
- Now you will have to draw the final lines so that the dragon image is complete.
By following these steps, you will definitely be successful in creating this fantasy character.
Here is a Nice Video Instruction that will definitely help you.