How to Tie A Bow Tie
If you are quite eager to tie a bow tie, but you are not aware of the exact way in which you can tie the tie, there is nothing to despair. In fact, the entire procedure of tying the tie is very easy, and if you take a look at few of the steps below, you will understand that it is indeed easy to tie a bow tie. However, you might not be successful in your first attempt, but if you continuously practice on a regular basis, you can be assured that you will definitely reach the heights of perfection. Take a look at few of the simple steps that you can follow:
- First of all, you will have to drape the bow tie right around your neck. This tie should be draped right under your collar, and make sure that it grasps the ends as it should extend at least about 1.5 inches. This means that the left end must be shorter than the right end.
- Now it is time to turn the wider end right under the narrow end. However, this is not just the end, as you would have to continue wrapping the wider end. This can be done by bringing the narrow end across the front.
- The longer end should be crossed over the shorter end, and this should be done in such a manner, so that the tie is crossed near the neck. This will not make your bow dangle at the front part of your chest.
- The wider end of the tie should be put up right till the back of the loop. Make sure that you hold the knot of the tie with your index finger. This in turn, will bring the wider end down through the front knot.
- When you pass the longer end right through the loop, you should ensure that a simple and loose overhand knot is formed. If you want to tighten the knot in this context, you should do the same.
- The dangling end should be put to the left and ensure that you fold it back over to the right. You will have to hold this fold right over the loop of the complete tie, so that it lies between the points of your collars.
- Make sure that when you tighten the knot, you do it carefully.
When you follow these steps properly, it will be very easy to tie a bow tie.