How to Fix Christmas Lights
Christmas is one of the most bright and colorful occasions. Therefore, it is very natural that you will decorate everywhere with bright and colored lights. There are wide varieties of Christmas lights available, but it can only display light in the best way, when you put these lights properly. Not only will you have to make a choice of the lights, but at the same time, you will also have to determine the place where you will put up the lights. What will happen if some of the lights are damaged? Well, there is nothing to be worried. Here are some easy and simple steps that can help you in fixing. Take a look:
- Remove the lights that need to be fixed. Separate it from the ones that are already blown out, because you will not be able to use them anymore.
- Now you can get replacement bulbs of the same kind. These are generally available at lower rates. Now you will have to compare the old lights with the replaced one to check out whether they are exactly the same.
- Make sure that you always buy replacement lights that are of the same size and shape as that of the original bulb. In such a case, you will find that replacement is not a hassle.
- If you want to remove a broken bulb from the socket, you need to find out two copper wires that will be available on the base of the bulb. Push the wires down so that they point towards the ceiling. Now you can pull upward on the bulb which in turn will separate the wire from the base of the light.
- You will now have to insert the replacement bulb into the socket of the old bulb. While you do so, you must ensure that the two copper wires completely align with the holes of the base of the bulb.
- Now you will insert the new bulb into the empty socket, and watch that your Christmas lights have been fixed and they will glow again.
When you follow these steps, you can fix up the lights instead of buying new ones. Consequently, you can be assured that you will definitely save some money, while at the same time; you will also serve the purpose of decoration. This can indeed be amazing, but make sure that you follow each of these steps very carefully.