If you are keen to draw eyes, one of the most important things that you will have to keep in mind is that eyes are the most important parts of a human figure, and it is will determine the figure, as a whole. Therefore, you will have to move very slowly and make sure that you follow step by step instructions, so that you can end up drawing a realistic eye. However, since you are a beginner, and since human eyes can be of different shapes and sizes, it is wise on your part to produce fundamental outlines.
- Make a very simple shape of the eyes. The outline is very much like a leaf, where one side is like a nodule and the other side is slightly sharp.
- Now you will have to draw the creases of the eye, and there should also be an extra line indicating upper and lower eye lid. When you finish drawing your crease lines, you should notice the difference between the two.
- Now you will gently have to sketch three circles, which will be the iris. The biggest circle will be the outline of the iris. The next circle will be smaller and will represent the area surrounding the pupil. The smallest circle will represent the pupil.
- Once you have drawn the pupil circle, you can fill it up with solid black color. You can also put some stroke lines that can follow between the pupil and the iris.
- You should also allow depth to the eyes and begin normally by shading the eye ball.
- While you are shading the eyes, you can also make use of your fingers to tone the picture well. This in turn, will also make the ball feel smooth.
- Whether you are drawing with pencil and shading with charcoal or water colors, do not forget that your drawing will not be complete until you give the final touch ups.
- For instance, you can concentrate on the eye lashes, which in turn will bring a more realistic effect to your eyes.
- If you can, you should also lessen the transition between the circles of your iris to the whitened portion of your eye balls.
If you follow these few steps, you will definitely enjoy drawing the eyes, and you will also be able to make a realistic eye. Make sure that you follow all the steps properly.
A Video Instruction on how to draw eyes may be more helpful