How to Cook Yams
If you are looking for some delicious items to serve it to your guests, yams can be very interesting, provided that fact that you know how to cook eat. There are of course several recipes that you can try with yam. In this article, you are given a simple recipe, so that you can end up cooking yam perfectly.
- The ingredients that you use might vary based on the kind of dish that you cook. However, in any case, the preparation of cooking yam can only be followed by boiling the yams. This is especially the case, if you want to boil it.
- Put the yams in a saucepan and pour water in it. Cover the sauce pan with a lid and bring it to boil. When you can pierce easily through the yam, you will understand that it has been boiled. At the same time, you will also have to keep in mind that you do not overcook the yam.
- Remove the yams from the heat, and allow them to cool down before you continue with the process of cooking.
- Now peel the skin with knife when cold. Cut the yams into slices.
- Now that you have boiled it, you will have to preheat the oven to a temperature of at least 350 degrees F.
- In the baking dish, apply a light coating of butter of about 9 to 13 inches. However, if you don’t feel like using butter, you can also use olive oil.
- You can now put the slices of the yam in to the baking dish one after the other. Put one layer of yam in to another and sprinkle the toppings of your choice.
- You can of course make use of varieties of toppings based on your preferences. After adding your layer of seasoning, you will have to put an additional layer one by one till you have used all the slices of the yam.
- If you want, you can add some brown sugar, pepper and salt, and even cinnamon on each of the layers of yam.
- Now that you are ready with the preparation, you will have to bake it uncovered. The baking time can vary from 20 to 30 minutes. On top of the yams, you can put some marshmallows to add to the taste.
When you are done, remove the yams from the oven. Thus, you will be able to serve a delicious dish to your guests.
Watch this Video Tutorial on How to Cook Yams