How to Cook Goose
Irrespective of the occasion, cooking goose can really be exciting, provided the fact that you have made preparations in advance. Cooking goose is definitely not easy, but if you can follow certain instructions, you can definitely end up in a successful dish cooking. There are of course several ways through which you can prepare goose, but since you are trying to cook it for the first time, it is better to try out a simple recipe.
- There are plenty of ingredients that you will require when you want to cook goose. There should be separate ingredients for the goose, the stuffing and also for the apple sauce.
- As already said, it is always better if you can make some preparations in advance. Thus, you can cook the leg in advance, and while eating, you can reheat the legs.
- For cooking the legs, you will have to preheat the oven, remove the legs, cut them at the joint and cut the wings.
- Marinate the legs with garlic, cloves, peppercorn, cinnamon, bay leaf. You can cook them for about 2 ½ hours.
- Put the legs aside, and it is now time to cook the stuffing. Cook onions and sage in butter and remove from the heat.
- Fry the goose livers for few minutes after seasoning it and remove from the heat. Once you are finished cooking, you can chop the livers and mix it with breadcrumbs with parsley. Cover it with foil.
- You can now cook the apple sauce by putting the apples into a pan with butter and sugar. Cover it up with lids and stir gently. You can blend it into a food processor.
- Now heat a roasting tray, and season the breasts of goose by placing them in the tray.
- Keep the skin aside and cook the skin for few minutes before the fats are released. Drain off the fat
- Cook the breasts for about 30 minutes and remove them from heat.
- Now put the legs and the stuffing in the tray. Make separate slices and put the stuffing into the legs and the breasts.
- Do not forget to add apple sauce to the entire cooked goose, and leave aside for few minutes to cool down slightly. Make sure that the juices do not get drained off.
Thus, you are ready with the goose, which you can now serve to your guests.
Do You need this Video Instruction for more help ?