How to Draw a Rose Step by Step
Do you want to draw a rose before Valentine’s Day and gift it to your beloved? This is indeed a wonderful idea provided the fact that you can draw the rose well. Rose is one of the best flowers and if you can draw it successfully, nothing can be better than that. Following step by step instructions can definitely help you draw a perfect rose that you can present it. Prior to that, it is wise to have a look at the instructions and understand the basic structure of the rose. This in turn, will make things easier.
- The best thing about drawing a rose is that you will not have to maintain any proportion while drawing it. However, make sure that while you are drawing, you observe the rose very carefully. This will help in developing an idea.
- You should always start drawing right from the center and then proceed towards outside. This means that you will draw the innermost petals first and then the outer petals.
- You should also draw one petal at a time, otherwise after a point of time, you will lose track and get confused.
- The outlines of the petals should be drawn with lighter lines, so that when required, it is easy for you to erase. Shading part can be done later.
- Make sure that when you are shading, the rose look realistic. Shading can be done either from dark to light or from light to dark. Following either of the ways will help you to maintain the consistency.
- Make use of two lines to draw the stem of the rose along with one or two leaves. You can be assured that with this step, the rose will definitely look more realistic.
- Now you will have to erase the outlines that you do not require. This should be followed by coloring of the petals.
- You can also develop some of your own style of drawing. You might only keep the rose sketched without adding any colors to it.
- This will end up with a beautiful and realistic rose that will make you satisfied.
One of the most important things that you should keep in mind that petal is the most difficult part in the rose to draw. You will not achieve perfection in a single attempt. However, if you follow these steps and practice it time and again, it will not be long to achieve perfection.