How To Bake A Sweet Potato
You must be aware of the fact that sweet potatoes are sweeter compared to the original potatoes. These can be used as an effective ingredient in large numbers of dishes. At the same time, if you want, you can also sweet potato alone for a dish. Baking is one of the most popular options for making a dish out of sweet potato. However, if you are not aware of the exact way of cooking sweet potato, take a look here:
- First of all, you would have to decide the dish that you want to prepare after baking sweet potato.
- Once decided, you will have to pre-heat the oven to a temperature of at least400 degrees. Simultaneously you will have to prepare the potatoes with different ingredients.
- You will have to scrub the potatoes with the help of a brush and some cold water. Make sure that you remove any fiber like substance that protrudes out from the vegetable. Once you have done so, you will have to pat it dry.
- Take a fork and poke on the potato several times. These small vents will not make the potato explode once they are in the oven.
- Before putting the potato in the oven, you should wrap the potato with an aluminum foil, especially when you prefer eating a softer part. On the other hand, if you want to enjoy a crispy one, you can leave it unwrapped.
- You will now have to place a baking sheet on the bottom of the oven. The oven is already pre-heated, and you will place the potatoes. You can make use of a pan to catch the drippings of the potato while it is being baked.
- When you start baking, you can set the timing for 40 minutes. However, if the potato is larger, it may take an hour to bake.
- If you want, you can again make use of a fork in order to check out whether the potato has been baked. The flesh of the potato should be such that it allows the utensil to easily slide in and out without any problem.
- Once baking is over, you can now cut the potatoes and accordingly, season it with wide varieties of items like margarine, salt and even cinnamon.
Thus, your baked sweet potato is ready, and you can now be assured that you will be able to serve it hot. You will not have to give lots of effort in baking the potato.